Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Our ways are not His ways


I hear giggles coming out of my bedroom, and hear a little voice saying, "tail, tail". I know exactly what that means. Thing 1 is "playing" with the dog. By playing I mean squeezing, wrestling, and tail pulling. Our dog, Caesar, is a 9 pound, hairless Chinese Crested that scared of his own shadow. He will literally go flying across the room at the mere sight of a plastic, grocery bag.
While I know that Caesar is not very likely to bite or nip at the boys for playing rough, he is still a dog. So, I go into my room, and get Caesar, and let Thing 1 continue playing. Thing 1 was a little upset about this. (on a side note: he "used his words" instead of throwing a fit. this is something that we have really been working on lately). He didn't understand why I took his wrestling partner from him.

This got me thinking. How much are we (grown ups) like this when it comes to our own lives. Sometimes God keeps something (or takes something) from us for our own good. We become like whiney little toddlers, fussing and complaining, when God was doing this because He loves us. Isaiah 55:8 tells us, "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways", declares the Lord".

Our thoughts and our ways are so different from God's thoughts and ways. We don't know what He is up too. We always know what He is protecting us from, or preparing us for. So, next time God keeps something from me that I really want, I will try think about this, and realize that He has something better for me. Hopefully, I'll "use my words" instead of throwing a tantrum, and trust God to work in my life.

No comments: