Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It helps me.....


It's funny how once you have kids, doing things that used to be very simple suddenly require a lot more planning. Take running errands for example. What used to be as simple as jumping in the car and taking off, now requires a few more steps. It used to be that I just needed to make sure I had my wallet. Now I have to make sure I have my wallet, at least four diapers, wipes, and a few changes of clothes. That's just for Thing 2. Thing 1 needs a change of clothes, a few pull ups, crackers, and a cup. Gone are the days of just jumping in the car!! I am by NO means complaining. I am loving every minute of being mommy to those boys!! It's just funny how things change.

I made a little discovery shortly after Thing 1 was born, that made grocery shopping a little easier. Most people will drive around Walmart looking for the parking place closest to the store. However, when you have small children and groceries, being close to the store is pretty irrelevant if you still have to walk half way across the parking lot to put your cart back (assuming that you actually DO put your cart back). Instead of trying to find the closest spot to the door, I try to find the spot that is closest to the place that the carts go. That way I can put my groceries in my car, buckle the kids in, and put my cart away. This way I don't have to decide between leaving the kids in the car alone, or walking across the parking lot carrying a baby car seat and holding a two year olds hand.

This may seem trivial, and it's something that I would have never even thought twice about back in the days when I could leave the house with just a wallet, but it is something that makes my life just a little easier.

1 comment:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I do this too...and I don't have kids! Haha! It really is such a great tip though - one I'll tell the other mama's I know.